Post Election Thoughts about Trump's America

The last time I made a blog post, it was three weeks before the November 8 election.  Now it's nearly 3 weeks after the election is over, and to almost everyone's surprise, Donald Trump won and will be our next President.

I didn't vote for either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump (though I did vote down-ballot for conservative republicans including Kevin Yoder for congress).  I explained my reasons in my last blog post, so i won't repeat them here.

However, as the voting results came in for each state, and we saw more and more of them turning Red (victories for Trump), I couldn't help but feel I was on the winning side of all this.  I am still apprehensive about President Trump, but I am so pleased that Republicans have regained control of the House and Senate, and I truly believe that the country will be a better place in 4 years than it is today.

I am still concerned that Trump will only last 4 years and then we'll have another Democrat in the office, but that's a long way out, so I will try not to be too concerned about that now.

To his credit, Trump has made mostly good picks so far for his cabinet, and for that I am grateful to God.  Trump picked Mike Pence for VP, Jeff Sessions for Attorney General, Mike Pompeo for CIA Director, Nikki Haley for UN Ambassador, and others.  This is a good reminder that the job of running the USA is not a one-man job, and if Trump is capable of picking good people for these important positions, there is good reason to be hopeful about the future.

Now let's see if he'll actually build that wall.  :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technical Know-How - Continual Forgetting

Family Quarantine with COVID-19

Daddy Dates