Lots of Quick Updates

So much has happened in the last month!  Instead of focusing on one thing, I'm going to recap on several things with just a short blurb for each:

SuccessVision Express Point of Sale

My brother David and I have been working on a great new project for SuccessVision Express.  We are building a point of sale system for them using Ruby on Rails framework.  It has been an exciting project to take on, and I love working with my brother.

DeerAngel - Restricted!

Many of you have watched my daughter Angel's DeerAngel videos on YouTube (www.DeerAngel.org).  They're entertaining videos of a 12-year-old girl talking about conservatism.  Well, we just learned that YouTube has been putting some of her videos into restricted mode (which means that many kids would not have access to view them).  Here's an example of one in which Angel calmly argues in favor of eliminating the minimum wage (https://youtu.be/BRt9-mpO-dw)... and this is restricted?  It's crazy.

DITEC Going Through Some Changes

My father's new facility (Dramatic Impact Theater and Event Center) is undergoing some major changes right now to comply with a slew of enormous regulations.  Needless to say, I almost never liked regulations, but I dislike them now even more than before as they make it very difficult to take any risks as a business owner.

Robbie Graduated from Centriq

My older brother Robbie just finished a software development training program called Centriq, so now he's trained to be a software engineer!  Next step is to find an entry level job to work at.

Signed with Mascot Books

The coding book that I'm writing (and Christine is illustrating) has changed its name to Code for Kids, and we've signed with Mascot Books to publish it!  We'll have more of an update in the future as many more things need to be finalized, but it is guaranteed to be available to order on Amazon.com and BN.com (Barnes & Noble) among other great bookstores!


Baby Symphony Coming Soon!

My lovely wife Christine is 9 months pregnant with our newest baby Symphony Joy Moritz.  We are all super thrilled for Symphony to be born later this month.  Next month's blog post should have a nice, happy story to tell.  Can't wait!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Technical Know-How - Continual Forgetting

Family Quarantine with COVID-19

Daddy Dates